Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mid Quilt Week 2010

We kicked off the week by redoing our box office lobby. Crounse Corportation contacted several non-profits that they were moving out of their old headquarters and were donating the office furniture to non-profits. I got a call from Darlene at the Paducah Symphony to tell me about it. I went over with Jim Keeney on Monday and we found a desk to replace my office desk. Two of the drawers in my desk had literally fallen apart a year ago and I have been looking for an economical replacement. The price was right! While we were there they asked if we needed any cubicle dividers. We didn't, but my mind suddenly began to think about the fact that I have wanted to partition our box office lobby into a ticket area and work/meeting area for years. I began to look at those dividers in ways that they hadn't originally been intended to do. We selected 5 panels and brought them back to the theatre. They are now installed in our lobby.

Tuesday Story Theatre went to Joppa Maple Grove in the morning and New Simpson Hill in the afternoon. We returned in time for me to finish up my presentation to the Paducah City Commission on funding for next year. We were among a group of several non profits all seeking funding.

Today we have Mary Kathrin Dorr shadowing the Tech Director and Grace Allen shadowing the Education Director. Jim clearing and cleaning the backstage and shop areas. April is teaching and prepping for her puppetry workshops with the Girl Scouts this weekend. Marsha is working on Season Tickets and Rhiannon is working on Wedding Belles tickets. I'm trying to finish the set design for Cinderella, design the Cinderella Billboard and do my shift working for the Rotary Quilt show. Lots going on!

Thursday Wedding Belles goes back into performances and Story Theatre heads out to Sikeston for two back to back performances. Lots of meetings are also taking place this week as the board gets ready for the April meeting on Wed. 28. We have budgets, nominations, fundraisers, and lots more to get squared away for next season.

No comments: