Thursday, November 21, 2013

November 21 2013

Last night the board met and we did a preliminary review of The Masquerade Ball and the success it was.  A pat on the back went to the board for all their handwork and the several obstacles that we encountered along the way in producing the event.  A more formal meeting of the committee chairs will do a Masquerade Ball debrief after Thanksgiving.  The board is also considering doing a more formal 50th Anniversary event in the spring with a dinner and a reunion of many of the people who have been involved over the years.  We are checking dates and costs to do an event at present and hope to have more information coming soon on that.

Play selection committee is busy reading scripts for next season. We have lots to chose from!  Mockingbird was so well received that we are looking at a few other classic plays for inclusion in our reading box of scripts.

I will be leaving tomorrow for a 3 day conference in Madison WI for the AACT Managing Directors conference.  It is an every other year opportunity for people who run community theaters to sit down and share what works and what doesn't.  It is run by the American Association of Community Theatres. I always come back recharged and loaded with good ideas so I can't wait.  Since it's only a couple hours from my parents I'll stop by Kenosha on my way and check in.

Best Christmas Pageant is entering its final two weeks before opening.  It's hard to believe December is just around the corner!  Last night we did the first run through of Act Two for Fox on the Fairway and tonight will be the first full run through of the show.  I can barely keep the actors focused on their lines and blocking since they are constantly cracking each other up with their characters and lines.  This is also a show that allows the characters to do outrageous things and I'm not shy about asking them to do those things.

The painters are working on the back half of our office building where we have rental apartments and retail space we lease.  It is long overdue for painting!

I'm still writing Thanksgiving letters to all our donors and supporters.  I'm hoping to finish that up before I leave for Wisconsin, but having said that, I have spent many years sitting and listening at the conference while writing my Thanksgiving notes.  Multi-tasking is required in this job.


No comments: