Tuesday, March 3, 2009

crunch

It has been almost a week since I last posted. It has been non stop since then. With getting Ramona Quimby ready for opening I have been covered over. We set light cues last Thursday two days earlier than usual which should have helped but it hasn't. Friday and Saturday were pretty much playing catch up because I agreed to help on a talent show that needed judges. Tech rehearsal was Sunday afternoon.

There are still blank walls on the stage two days from opening that need to be painted and I've been putting in 16 hour days working on the lights, sound, and painting. The biggest problem I'm facing is that the style of painting I had envisioned for the set isn't working. So I'm forced to repaint areas and develop a new style. It is a painstakingly long process for me because the illustrated style of painting is very difficult for me. I'm really frustrated at the moment and trying to get to that breakthrough point. With recent budget cuts I also don't have the funds to bring in some of the really good artists I would have hired in the past to do this. I've spent the last couple of nights painting only to come in the next day and repaint over most of what I did the night before. April is frustrated, I'm frustrated, and there isn't a lot anyone can do to help until I put in the time to get it worked out. Time is also getting short as we open Thursday morning for an auditorium full of school kids. The show will be done by opening. It is taking a lot of work to get there.

No comments: