Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday July 9

Marsha is still blogging as a guest blogger at the theatre this week but I thought I would add my observations from Broadway. This is my first trip ever to NYC and Broadway. The thing I found amazing as we walked around this afternoon was the number of people walking in Times Square. We went into the Toys R Us shop with the 3 story Ferris wheel inside the store and the 4 story M&M store. As we walked the 4-5 blocks from our hotel we saw at least a dozen different theatres in that 4-5 blocks. Mamma Mia is 1/2 a block from our hotel and one of the cast members was out front signing autographs and having his photo taken. We walked past the Legally Blonde theatre in our hunt for food. We found the theatre where we will see Young Frankenstein tomorrow night, saw the Spring Awakening Theatre and the Little Mermaid Theatre all within 2 blocks. This afternoon there was a reception for Steven Schwartz and the AACT conference which we just missed. As I checked in I heard a familiar voice and it was Carol Ries from Topeka Civic Theatre and as we walked to the elevator say John Viars of Des Moines Civic Theatre come in the lobby. We will go back to pick up our conference registration tonight and meet at 10:30 tonight for hospitality get together for AACT.

I've enjoyed reading Marsha's blogs and look forward to reading more of them before I get back.

No comments: