Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday May 28 correction

Okay so my short term memory loss is really kicking in today. Alexis started on the Tech weekend of Annie Get Your Gun. The show had Audra Hall flying through the air upside down on a trapeze. I knew there was a symmetry between flying actors in both shows. Alexis has been here for 3 June musicals- Annie Get Your Gun, Beauty and the Beast, and Anything Goes.

The most recent newsletter from the American Association of Community theatres just had an article called how to work with different kinds of people. In it they identify people as Dominators, Influencers, Correctors and Stabilizers. Alexis self identified herself as a corrector. A person who is very detail oriented and wants to make sure that the facts are correct. She didn't want to post my last blog on the MHT Facebook page with incorrect information. That's why I have valued her work at MHT. She has kept me on my toes and tried her best to keep me from putting out incorrect information.

According to the AACT article my style of personality is the Stabilizer. I work on getting groups of people involved in a production and being the glue that holds it all together. Right now I'm running like crazy up and down a line of spinning plates on top of sticks trying to keep them all in place.

No comments: