Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Late night hand off

Last night at 10:15 I paced the parking lot of the BP station on Hinkleville Rd. I felt like some illicit deal was about to happen. The clerk at the station kept stepping outside to check on me since I was parked next to his vehicle. As I sat at the back of April's minivan waiting for the moment of the hand off I couldn't help but laugh at what this looked like. Then the moment came. The green minivan pulled off the highway zoomed up to me. The window was in the downward motion as the car pulled to a stop. A hand emerged from the vehicle. The hand off was complete. The car drove off and I got into my vehicle and drove off into the dark. The disc was secure. Was it top secret papers relating to national security? No it was the color pages for the My Way program. Debra Harned was on her way to work as a cashier at Harrah's. The only way I could get the disc to turn in to the printer today was this late night hand off.

We are still working on the black and white pages. That may entail another late night hand off.

I've posted photos of the auditions for High School musical. The theatre's main stage was full of young performers trying to get a role in the popular show. Meanwhile the Murder from Hell rehearsal was in process in the studio theatre. I handed my camera to Mike Brewer who plays the wedding photographer in the play. The slide show is Mikes handiwork as he played his characters.

April's auditions lasted until 9 pm last night (4hours). My Way rehearsal was moved to the classroom because of the auditions. I spent 1/2 of the My Way rehearsal working with my daughter Jade on her homework while I handed off my directors book to Denise Bristol with my blocking notes for her to give the cast. Since both April and I had rehearsal something had to give to help Jade with her homework. That has been the most difficult thing for us as parents to deal with at the theatre. Usually one of us can schedule it so that we can work with her. But on audition nights and rehearsal nights we are just like any other family with competing needs. So Jade and I sat in the dressing room working on social studies about Lewis and Clark's adventures while the cast sang I only have eyes for you and My Way last night.

Tonight will be another repeat of last night. Possibly even including the hand off by the side of the road.

No comments: